Source: The hindu busines sline :-
BENGALURU, NOV 24:
Karnataka’s Department of Tourism and Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation (KSTDC) along with the Home Department has launched ‘Tourist Mitra’, a tourist-friendly police force.
The ‘Tourist Mitra’ force would be deputed at various tourist destinations in the state to provide safety and security to domestic and international tourists.
Tourist destinations in 13 districts have been identified where 175 tourist-friendly home guards will be appointed to provide proper safety and security to the visiting tourist.
In the first phase of the project, trained home guards known as ‘Tourist Mitra’, will be designated at the following tourist destinations.
1. Mysore Palace, Chamundi Hills, Nanjangud - Mysore district.
2. Abby Falls, Bhagamandal, Iruppu Falls, Raja Seat, Talacauvery - Kodagu district.
3. Srirangapatna, K.R.S and Brindavan Garden, Ranganathittu, Shivan Samudra, Sangama - Mandya district.
4. Hampi Vittal Complex, Virupaksha Temple, Lotus Mahal - Bellari district.
5. Badami, Aihole, Pattadakal, Kudal Sangama – Bagalkot district.
6. Bidar Fort, Gurudwara Nanak, Basavakalyana, Papanashini Shiva Temple, Narasimha Jhira Cave Temple – Bidar District.
7. Gol Gumbaz, Ibrahim Roza, Basavanbagevadi - Vijayapura district.
8. Chitradurga Fort, Chandrvalli, Jogi Math, Vani Vilas Sagara- Chitradurga district.
9. Jog Falls, Keladi, Mandagadde Bird Sanctuary, Agumbe, Sigandhur – Shimoga district.
10. Belur, Halebeedu, Shravanabelagola, Yagachi Jalasaya – Hassan district.
11. Karwar Beach, Om Beach, Gokarna Beach, Sathodi Falls, Dandeli - Uttara Kannada district.
12. Suratkal Beach, Thanneerbhavi Beach, Ullala Beach, Someshwara Beach - Dakshina Kannada district.
13. Malpe Beach, Kapu, Marvanthe - Udupi district
" Twitter: #BidarInfo (@BidarInfo) "