Tuesday, October 13, 2015

KSRTC SHOCKER AS BIDAR BUSES ARE CANCELLED

Source: Bangalore Mirror:     Oct 11, 2015 IST




Think twice before booking a state-owned transport corporation bus as the bus may be cancelled at the last minute without any prior notice. Commuters to Bidar were in for a surprise recently when the North East Karnataka Road Transport Corporation (NEKRTC) stopped the bus services without any indication. "I had booked a ticket to Bidar (which travels via Hyderabad) in a non-air conditioned sleeper coach bus on Wednesday. The bus was supposed to depart from Kempegowda bus stand (terminal two) at 7.33 pm. I reached the bus stand by 6.45 pm. However, there was no sign of the bus till 7.30 pm.

When I enquired, I was shocked to hear that the sleeper class bus had been cancelled for the day. When I questioned them about the booked tickets, I was told to claim a refund later. However, my biggest worry was how to reach Bidar. Meanwhile, another NEKRTC bus (Suhas service) was parked in the bus stand and was bound for Bidar. So, the conductor told me that the bus would leave the stand at 7.45 pm. Hence I sat inside the bus and was in for another shock this time as the conductor requested me to look for another bus as that schedule had also been cancelled.

With no bus to Bidar (a Volvo service had departed at around 6.30 pm), I was told that I needed to travel to Hyderabad and change bus in the Telangana capital. As it was too late (as it would require 15 to 16 hours to reach Bidar from Bengaluru by bus), I had to drop all my business plans scheduled at Bidar for the day," said Chetan Deshpande, a businessman.

The commuters say if they were informed beforehand about the cancellation or at least on the KSRTC website, they could have searched for alternatives. It's not just Bidar. There have been a number of examples where services were withdrawn at the last minute without intimation. Many commuters travelling from Bidar and Hyderabad too have complained about services being cancelled at the last minute. Another commuter, Chandan Gowda, said the officials cite poor occupancy rate for the cancellation of the service due to introduction of the Yeshwanthpur-Bidar train. When contacted, transport minister Ramalinga Reddy said, "We are known not to cancel services mid-way. However, I shall make enquiries with officials concerned.



Source: http://www.bangaloremirror.com/bangalore/others/KSRTC-shocker-as-Bidar-buses-are-cancelled/articleshow/49305676.cms



" Twitter: #BidarInfo (@BidarInfo) "

No comments:

Post a Comment